Pages

6.20.2008

Birthday Surprise 3!!

I know, I know...you're wondering how long it's going to be all about me and my birthday! A girl only turns 28 once so I might as well stretch it out, right?

Monday night rolls around and really the birthday was behind us. I had a great weekend and was ready to get back to reality where I can't do whatever I want and chalk it up to "my birthday weekend." So, I'm trying to get Chris to commit to which chore we'll tackle and every time I ask he diverts the question with "How was your day?" and then he tells me stories that are clearly longer than the normal stories he tells. I was getting annoyed that he wasn't answering my questions! And, while I'd love to believe that overnight he grew into a Drama King and that his story telling about his days would now match mine but let's get real. This is Chris...the practical one. Sooooo, I'm about to blow when the door bell rings and the smile of relief crosses Chris's face. Was he seriously just saved by the bell?



(Random side story - Chris and I very rarely "feel" different in age. However, when we talk about anything relating to our childhood the 5.5 year difference is much heavier. One recent discovery is that Chris never watched Saved by the Bell!!! I guess he was too old for silly high school drama by the time it got popular. I however religiously watched and always wanted to be Kelly. So weird that he has no idea about the first tv show I was ever addicted to.)

Ok...so open the front door and SURPRISE!!! Sarah and Angie are there. Again...confused I start to slowly put pieces together. Really people...what is wrong with me? Clearly, I am so not good at surprises. Instead of the perfect hands to the cheek and gasping response of a surprised drama queen I am usually dumbfounded and slow to catch on. It's a miracle I don't drool on myself with the "Huh?!" look that surprise stirs in me. I should work on that....

Anyway, the girls coordinated with Chris for a girls night for my birthday!!!! He quickly disappeared and left us to girly movies, manicures, and snacks. They brought me a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers, yummy marshmallow topped chocolate cupcakes, wine, popcorn, and my favorite flavor ice cream. It was so so so so so so so SWEET of them! Can I just mention that Sarah had a 2 week old at this point? And...Angie had already made me a strawberry birthday cake on Friday night? They absolutely went above and beyond. But, I LOVED IT! We never watched a movie or did manicures. We only got through the cupcakes and wine....but not for lack of time. We literally got talking and could barely stop for a picture when Chris came home 4.5 hours later. It was so super fun and such a great extension of my birthday weekend!!

I love you girls!

No comments: