Pages

7.09.2008

I heart Drama Queens!!

For much of my life I hated it when my parents would tell me how dramatic I was. I felt as though by saying I was dramatic it allowed them and others to discount my emotional reaction to whatever was happening and those emotions were real - even if slightly...ok ok...extremely higher or lower than others. Then one day I decided to embrace my drama tendencies as part of my God given gift set. After all, if Chris was married to a normal girl (whatever that is anyway) going to the movies would be boring. I scream, cry, and typically let most people in the theater know my reaction to all key moments. Or, if my parents had a normal girl (whatever that is anyway) they'd have a female version of my brudder. We like to say he is meat and potatoes and I am KING RANCH CHICKEN...spicy! Or, if you readers had a normal girl (whatever that is anyway) I would give some boring recap of the CNN headlines in a totally organized and brush-under-the rug perfect life. I've promised before and here it is again, It's always an adventure with the Crack Team and by adventure I mean messy, dramatic, and all that comes with that.

SO.....

"You spot it, you got it"

Lately I've been exposed to kiddos of my friends who are headed down the same path I was...drama. I'd love to call them my proteges but that is both presumptuous and let's be honest, a true Drama Queen needs no help. So for now we'll call them Drama Princesses. I have become fond of a few said princesses! Sophia Bare, Angie's daughter, is one of them. I love her and know she is a future DQueen because:

1. She tells great stories with dramatic emphasis
2. She has great facial expressions
3. She doesn't initially like change or ideas that are not her own
4. She loves pink and pretty things
5. She is sensitive

And that's to name a few....
So, Sophia's birthday was this past weekend and she was having a Hula Party. The invite was adorable and pink! Of course the perfect cake to compliment a Hula Party is a Hula Barbie Cake. My mom had made me Barbie cakes in my birthday years so I knew she could do one and she was thrilled to be able to pull out the Barbie stuff and make a cake for them.

Saturday morning Mom got up early to start baking the chocolate cake. Bless her heart. I was still pouting in bed from the firecracker episode and she's alone in the kitchen cooking away! Then after the cake was done we left it to cool for a breakfast at Einstien's while the cake cooled. We also wanted to stop by Michael's to see if they had a blonde Barbie. My cake Barbie was brunette so when we realized Sophia's Barbie wouldn't work we wanted to get a blonde cake pick Barbie to make it as close as possible. We luckily found one that seemed cute enough. After a quick hair job (she had Dallas hair that I tamed to a ponytail with a bow) and some earring applications from my scrapbooking pile she was as good as Sophia's only slightly bustier so the bathing suit was a little tight!

Then came the decorating and we all pitched in to help. It was soooo much fun for us to all work on this adorable project for Sweet Drama Princess Sophia. Naturally we couldn't wait to see her face. When the Bare's arrived we had Sophia close her eyes. I led her through the house to the kitchen which is a long walk with closed eyes but she did it like a champ. Then Angie picked her up so she could see over the counter and we said open your eyes. Like a pro she had the perfect face of widened eyes then a smile and finally lots of thoughts of why she loved the cake. It was precious, perfect, and priceless. I only wish I had my camera out at that moment to capture it all. Instead I'll attach the pictures of the cake decorating.... and one that Angie sent me of Sophia blowing out her candles.



Happy Birthday Sophia! We hope you loved your Cake!

No comments: