I promise after this post I'll quit posting about all the "fun" of first trimester pregnancy stuff and get back to things that more of you will care to read. However, no one told me all this stuff and I don't want to be blamed for the same offense....
When I was in High School I remember that my Dad and Brudder thought it was hilarious when they would sneeze and fart at the same time. They'd laugh so hard anytime it happened. I am sure they would be thrilled to know I am disclosing their bodily function bonding stories on our blog but since neither of them seem to be loyal readers and since I could share worse....there is it. The Sn-art (sneeze fart) was a laughable offense in our family. (Laughable for them, offense for my mom and I).
As the weeks roll on in this journey called pregnancy everyone keeps telling me it will get better. I cling to the hope they are right. This week however was as bad as any of them when it comes to barfing and wanting to sleep all day. The only difference is that I'm 12 weeks in now...which means I don't have the energy to care about where I throw up, how I look, or even keeping track of how many times I puke each day to ensure I'm eating and drinking enough. I just throw up. So, one day, out in the front yard for some fresh air, sunshine, and a hello to my neighbors who I really should say Hola! too (they don't speak much English).....it happened. I went to sneeze and I puked. I Sn-uked. I guess my body thought if my mouth was open and I was projecting out that it was fair game to clear out this hour's round of puke. Unlike my Dad and brother, I didn't laugh. And...if the language barrier wasn't enough this moment with the neighbor was a whole new level of awkward. She almost wanted to be compassionate, I think, but ultimately decided to pretend she didn't hear the large gag and splash and acted busy and ultimately went inside. Como se dice "Sorry about that, I'm pregnant and miserable!" en espanol?
I don't have a picture for you....would you even want one? I'll keep my promise...this is the last post on first tri fun....I've got a good one to post if I can figure out how to download pics from my camera phone. Stay tuned :)
8 months ago



2 comments:
Oh my goodness... you are "cracking" me up! So much light-heartedness about something that feels miserable. You really do tell it well.
Not that no one else has given advice, and you are the last person to go through pregnancy right?... and I really do hate to say that I had dreamland pregnancies and enjoyed every minute (yes all my friends hate me)... maybe it was the gastric bypass that helped me? "They" (and who exactly is they?) claim that an empty stomach is the worst. I always kept tiny bits of food on my stomach... never a meal.
Anyway. I am so happy for you guys. It *will* pass. I mean, you do give birth at 9 months right? ;-) Seriously... as you can see from our blog it does end up being sooo worth it and I know you know that.
Love & Hugs from our team to yours!
The party is over!!!! I posted about my error in using humor about a natural disaster! We're fine and have power. How is your family doing?
Post a Comment