Pages

4.19.2010

13 months

Cupcake's 13 month mark has come and gone and I barely have sat down to collect our thoughts on this month. It's been a particularly crazy month since we bought a new house, spent a little over a week packing this house and putting it on the market, and Chris hit his 10 yr anniversary at his company. Whew. With all of that excitement it seems like we should be allowed to hit pause with our baby girl so we don't miss anything right? Of course it doesn't work like that...

Cupcake is into everything these days. She is so curious and fearless all at the same time. She loves to climb on things that will make her just a little taller. She is starting to talk more with words like baby, again, Dada, bye bye, and mooooooo (cow). She is also signing so much I can barely keep up. Today she did a sign that I didn't know and had to look up. She was trying to point out a little boy. The best part of the signing is that she can tell us what she wants which includes to go to sleep, eat, more, water, milk, change a diaper, and go outside. She also notices things like birds, dogs, or bugs and can sign them to us. We LOVE the sign language.

She also had her first dentist appointment this month - April 5th. The dentist was a new place for our cupcake to explore (mommy was a little embarrassed when cupcake made herself at home by opening and inspecting the contents of each drawer in the examining room) and she did great when I had to lean her back for him to take a look. I was so impressed that she trusted me and was cool and calm as he looked around in her mouth. Dental health is a high priority in this family. In a few short weeks someone (ahem) will celebrate a big birthday (let's NOT talk about it). Said person has ZERO cavities, fillings, crowns, or any other sort of dental downfall. She plans to keep it that way and hopes to pass on a perfect dental record to each and every offspring starting with our cupcake.

Our sweet cupcake also like to imitate us (see below videos). It's so cute to watch her try to mimic something we are doing. She is also very interested in trying new things in her Little Gym class. She's always willing to go first for the trick of the week. It's really sweet. I love that she delights in The Little Gym sooooo much. It's like each week I've given her a gift. She screams, squeals and smiles almost non-stop while we are there. It makes me ponder if God enjoys seeing our delight in the gifts He gives us...and...do I even fully "delight" in them like my child. It continues to amaze me how she reveals a whole new side of my creator to me. No wonder the kingdom is made for such a these (little children).

Off to get a kiss from the little cupcake now....

No comments: