But since cupcake isn't much of a singer yet we've had to improvise. We went to our neighborhood's Christmas celebration which included a carriage ride and a chance to see Santa. Cupcake was so interested in the horses as the pictures relate. Really she loves all animals so it was a treat to enjoy a carriage ride.
Also, rather than having a candy filled advent calendar we opted for something a little more meaningful. Each day we read a Christmas story together and then do a craft or activity that correlates to the book we've read. Here are some of our favorites so far:
After reading Snowmen at Christmas we made this snowman. Cupcake loves to play with cotton balls. We also were able to find a few twigs around our one little tree for arms. The eyes and nose are very Picasso, don't you think?
We also read the book Olive the Other Reindeer a week or so ago. It is a silly one that Cupcake really enjoys. We just had to make a reindeer canvas after reading the book. The face is her foot and the antlers are her hands. It will be fun to compare her growth next year when we pull out the Christmas stories again.
Our Christmas cards are finally ready to go and we have most of our shopping done. However, this elf needs about 2 more weeks to finish the Christmas projects part of Christmas. Sigh. It's tough having a head full of creative ideas and only limited time to do them. Guess I'll have to have a cup of peppermint hot chocolate and think about all those ideas. Oh WAIT...I mean get back to work on the ones I've already started :)
Bear with me as we get through the holidays and I'll get back on track with blogging.



1 comment:
LOVE the projects :) I may be 'borrowing' those for our Christmas traditions! Think of you often dear friend!
Much Love!
Post a Comment