Pages

7.10.2011

America's Sweetie

SHAME ON ME!!! I didn't get a single 4th of July picture with Papa before he left to return to Houston. We went to a neighborhood parade in the morning and then had an All-American LOCAL lunch of Yak Burgers, Coleslaw, and watermelon. Everything came from our Farmer's Market....can't get more American than that!

After Cupcake's nap we went out on our newly shaded (thanks to Papa and the Hubs hanging a shade) porch for some treats. Since the drought is still a HUGE concern here all fireworks shows were canceled. I wanted to end the day with something festive. So, remember my Zoku post here? I got a little more adventurous in honor of our Independent Day:


The strawberry lime flavored treats were a HUGE hit with a certain cupcake! And I didn't mind her chowing down because I knew exactly what was in them and lets just say "healthy" plus a tad of sugar.
We stayed on the porch until we couldn't stand the heat any longer. That was about 15 minutes later. Eep! It is hot and without fireworks to lure us out, we spent the rest of the day inside. It felt a little strange to not see the rockets red glare...or be kept awake until all hours of the night with neighbors who keep the party going well past our bedtime.

Cupcake with Gigi who gave her the precious outfit! (Thanks Gigi and Papa!)

Our Annual Family Shot:Check out last year's here. WOW! Someone or really two someone's have grown. One has grown up and one has a belly.

We're into July now which means 3rd trimester, a big ole belly, crazy hot heat, still no rain, and well the usual Crack Team Adventures. Happy 4th of July 2011 style!

2 comments:

Liz said...

your family is so lovely! she has grown :)

Sally said...

Cute 4th of July pictures!! Wow! you are really creative with the Zoku. They look really yummy!