2: The minimum number of Doctor offices I personally visit each week for pregnancy checks
3: Number of times a day I have to check my blood pressure with pregnancy induced hypertension
4: Number of times a day I have to prick myself because of recently diagnosed Gestational diabetes
5: Weeks left until Bambina 2 is induced
7: The most number of pounds the Dr. anticipates Bambina 2 will be
8: The total number of pounds I have gained according to my 32 week check up. If jealousy ensues, see again what 3 and 4 represent before getting too upset.
24: Number of hours in my urine test that I'm about 12 hours into currently
28: Number of Doctor offices one of us will be in within the last 6 weeks of pregnancy (for Dad and Cupcake they are preventative health or routine checks ie: dentist)
62: Lowest blood sugar read
70: Number of days to date that it has been over 100 degrees while I've been pregnant
115: Highest blood sugar read to date (with gestational diabetes I am allowed up to 140)
153: Highest Systolic number to date (top blood pressure number)
89: Highest Diastolic number to date (lower blood pressure number)
114: Lowest Systolic number to date
66: Lowest Diastolic number to date
Our bedside table looks like a medical stand with needles, machines, bio-hazard waste, and so forth. My cupcake thinks every time I leave her I'm going to a Doctor...sadly she's been right most of those times. The hubs has to help me sort through all the numbers and make sure I'm putting the right ones in the right places and not getting to discouraged along the way. The days are painstakingly hot, long, and medical. Yet somehow we're still plugging along, counting down the days, and nesting. Did I mention nesting? I've got some more fun nesting projects to post soon enough.
On the upside, I got to have a 31 week ultrasound with the Internal Fetal Medicine Specialist (diabetes Dr.). They double checked everything to make sure our bambina wasn't huge which is one of the diabetes risk factors. Surprisingly she wasn't huge and in fact wasn't even average. She was tiny...like Cupcake. Not even to 30% for size of a 31 week baby our little bambina was extremely active for the technician and put on quite the show.
I got this precious 4D:
I realize that some of you are reading this for the first time and can't believe it. I also realize that you, like everyone else that we've mentioned this too, you may be inclined to pick up the phone and call to check on us. Please be assured that we are ok! While it sounds like a lot what is worse is when I get several phone calls each day of people wanting to talk about what is already consuming much of my day and emotional energy. In the time that isn't juggling the various tests and checks we are spending time with our cupcake and trying NOT to think about it. So as kindly as I can say this, consider this your update and please don't put in a call to check on me. I'll feel more loved if you respect that, I promise. And, I'll have more fun, light-hearted blogs coming soon. A few hundred needles can't take all the fun out of the Crack Team.



1 comment:
oh, Karen! love and prayers sent your way ..i will miss seeing you in real life :(
Post a Comment