Pages

3.31.2009

Live from Austin, it's Chloe and Chris!!!



Yay! We're LIVE...kind of. Here's a video of Chris in action with Baby Chloe. Now the updates can be even more exciting....like Chloe spitting up ;).

Sorry I've been lame with the updates, I was just hoping to have fun news to share. Sadly my blood pressures are still up and Chloe has developed reflux. So I get frustrated with the 4 times a day blood pressure monitoring and Chloe fills the in between with tears and spit up. We're a mess...but a blissful, love-filled mess. We're trying all the "tricks" to make the reflux better for our little girl but apparently the best "trick" of all is to give it time.

This weekend Chris's Mom will be here. We're excited for Chloe to meet her Grandma and for us to have an extra set of hands around for the weekend.

That's all for now but I hope to get more pictures and videos up here soon!

3 comments:

E.C. said...

Hey Karen,
Henry had reflux too...it started getting better around 5 months...and we're just now all the way over it (9 mos.). Many a day, I would go to burp him, and it would sound like I threw a Route 44 size slushie over my shoulder onto the floor!! As long as she's not in pain from it, just try to laugh it off...don't wear expensive, dry-clean only blouses...stay off your furniture and rugs during burp-time...and one day, which will be here sooner than you can imagine, you'll make it to the end of the day and realize you haven't had to change her and/or your outfit since you put it on that morning!!

Sorry to hear that those rascally pressures won't come down for you. Just hang in there...surely all these prayers will be answered soon!! I just love the video of Chris and Chloe...thank you for sharing! Y'all are such adorable parents.

Hope we can catch up soon.

~EHC

Shannon said...

Hugs to you! Both William and Katie had reflux until they were one. I thought William's was bad, but Katie's was severe. She ended up on Zantac AND Prilosec. The odd thing was that they told us it would heal by the time they turned one. And, BAM! Both of them miraculously quit spitting up (although ours was more like your friend Elizabeth described it) within 1 week of their first birthdays.

I hope Chloe's is not severe and is handling it like a little trooper. Chris (my Chris) and I have always told each other... God gives us what we can handle. And apparently he thought very highly of us when chosing our babies. hehehe

You two are such wonderful parents. I will keep you all in my thoughts & prayers.

Love, ~ Shannon

Robyn said...

So sweet. Thanks for sharing the video! I am craving more pictures. I know things have been crazy. Hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon. It is such an amazing thing, giving birth to new life. I can imagine it would take time for your body to adjust back to "normal". Your body is like what just happened? haha I've got Chloe as my rotating screen saver at work! I love it. Cant' wait for more picts ;-) love em love em!!!