Pages

4.01.2009

Everything's bigger in Texas

I never noticed the "Texas Pride" of Texans. Since I was born and raised here I thought all states had signs like Don't mess with (fill in your home state here). I was sure that every state had grandiose welcome centers on the state border where families could pose for pictures on road trips. And, I also didn't think having the lone star all over the place was strange...I figured every state probably incorporated their flag logo. Anyway, since Chris is from Kentucky he is very aware of the pride of Texas and makes fun of it. However, pride or not, there are some truths to the pride of this great state. Don't mess with us, welcome centers DO make great photos and as Chris recently has realized, Everything IS bigger in Texas....including the hail. So big is said hail that we have three cars (why we have three cars is another post and actually we currently have four but I'll save that dish for another day) that remind us each day when we walk outside that the hail in Texas is big. But since we'll eventually have the cars fixed Chris grabbed the camera during the hail storm and ran outside to capture it on camera. Here are some shots of our yard, the hail, and oh yeah....a Texas welcome center shot from the 80's for good measure! (Click on the pictures for a larger view!)

No comments: