I can very clearly remember sitting down to type out our 4th of July recap from LAST year...and it seems like it was just yesterday. I remember a few things about last 4th of July:
1. We had our families in town - My parents and Chris's mom.
2. Being awake at 4:30 in the morning seemed to be a HUGE inconvenience.
3. It was the last margarita or any alcohol for that matter that I've had (we soon found out we were pregnant).
4. Chris spent hours on the grill perfectly smoking a pork loin and chicken for all to enjoy.
Let's compare that to this year:
1. Family to us now means Chris, Chloe and I. And we did have a family day for the 4th.
2. Being awake at 4:30 am is now life not inconvenience.
3. I've traded fun adult beverages for snow cones.
4. Hours for cooking? Ha? We roamed the booths at the 4th Celebration at the park we went to trying to support various boyscout troups and softball teams by purchasing odds and ends to make a "meal."
Would we trade it? NO WAY! We loved our new style 4th of July. We didn't see fireworks this year as we anticipated our "princess" wouldn't do well with new loud sounds but other than that, we had a pretty festive day. Here are a few recent pics including the one from our 4th celebration!



No comments:
Post a Comment