Pages

6.28.2010

15 months come and almost gone!





I am later and later with these monthly posts. But for record keeping sake here goes the 15 month Cupcake Update!

Our little peanut is still rocking the 1st% in her weight at just over 18pounds. She did however jump from the 30th to the 50th% for her height. At 2.5 feet tall I can't help but mental note is half as tall as Gigi! Wow!

She is still super active which I suspect is partially to blame for her slow weight gain. She loves to swim, splash, or do anything else water related. We are enrolled in the summer session of The Little Gym and she continues to try new things and amaze me. She is especially fond of the balance beam and the double bars. In an early sighting of fondness for ballet I've even witnessed several times of kicking a leg up at the double bar and reaching for her toes. I have not bought the ballet slippers yet but I'm still hoping!

She is a great eater especially when Gigi is in town and gives her TWICE the snack I usually do. At least she's not giving her cake and coke which is what my Grandpa did. She is especially fond of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, waffles, yogurt, raisins, peas, and spaghetti and marinara sauce.

Her vocabulary is growing daily and actually she is bi-lingual if you count her ASL. Her new signs this month include: butterfly, home, mail, car, airplane, the 1st verse of Twinkle, Twinkle, potty, where, how, what, help, music, walk, and stop. Her new verbal words include: Mommy, no, Mimi, no, Gigi, no, Papa, no, more, no, day, no, car, no, poo-poo, no, book, no, and a few others I can't remember. Clearly there is a favorite....luckily she just uses it to communicate preferences at this point and not for the sake of a tantrum.

Finally she LOVES to help. And I LOVE that she LOVES to help. She helps me make the bed in the morning - she's in charge of pillows. She helps with the laundry, helps cooking or baking, helps get the mail, helps put stamps and return address on mail (some of you have seen those efforts), and she likes to unload the dishwasher. With all the extra help our week has more room for fun and I'm already talking her through chores first and then play and she seems to like the routine. Now I just need to know when she's old enough to vacuum, scrub a toilet, or dust.

We love 15 months! Though Chris and I are realizing we love every month with our little cupcake. What in the world did we do before her? I may be reading some old blogs this afternoon...

No comments: