It does for us....
I wanted to wait to post this blog until Cupcake delivered her thank you. However, a week ago we headed to our favorite mid-week farmers market. It's the Angel Valley Farm Market that is super close to work. They are such a neat organic farm. You can find their very well written blog in my blog list. I am so inspired by how they became farmers and how they continue to learn about the farm, the environment, and all the while providing us delicious local organic veggies.
A week ago they were bringing 680 pounds of watermelon to the market. We were THRILLED! However, when we arrived at the market the watermelon was already sold out. We couldn't believe it. I had been telling sweet cupcake about watermelon all morning. Luckily she doesn't really understand but I jokingly told Farmer John he might just see some crocodile tears. Before we even loaded up our basket with their other goodies Farmer John had located one more watermelon that had cracked on their drive over. They were going to just take it back home instead of selling a cracked one. They offered it to us for FREE. I couldn't believe it. I would have paid for it I was so excited. We brought it home and cupcake ate, ate, and ate watermelon until her little hands were "wicky" (sticky). Then the next day she ate and ate some more. It was really the best watermelon I've tasted in a long, long time. This could not go without a huge thank you so we put together a little thank you for our Watermelon Angels at the Angel Valley Farm and I thought they should have the exclusive first look at sweet cupcake eating watermelon. Since the card was delivered, here's your look too:
It's deja vu for me to see my precious little one enjoying yummy watermelon when only 20-something months ago when she was nestled inside my belly it was the ONLY thing I could eat for about 2 weeks of my pregnancy without throwing up. Guess I should have guessed she be partial to my favorite summer fruit.
One last thing on the local goodness...check out these beauties! I'm making summer stew like you couldn't believe. It's the best way to get cupcake to enjoy eggplant, tomato, onion, garlic, zucchini, red bells, and basil in one bite. But she's not the only one enjoying....
We hope you have a farm like Angel Valley close to you and that you're enjoying a watermelon and other fresh local goodies too!



1 comment:
Is that your new backyard???? WIth a lake behind you guys? can't wait to see more house pictures :)
Post a Comment