Behind on blogging, thank you note writing, laundry, grocery shopping, call returning, picture uploading, sleep and if I'm honest...showering. I am not however behind in newborn snuggles, tea parties, dress up, or princess play. While I navigate the balance of two it's the first list I'm wiling to let slip. So hang in with me on the learning curve.
Going back to the week leading up to Halloween...
Grandma and Grandpa came at the end of October to meet Cutie Pie and help out. Help out is an understatement! Grandpa completed a list I had of things around the house that did not get done before Cutie Pie's arrival. This included ceiling fan installation, winterizing the house, running some errands and more. Grandma meanwhile managed the kitchen. By managaged the kitchen I mean I did not cook, grocery shop, clean, load a dishwasher, or unload a dishwasher for a week. It was such a treat. Not to mention that each meal was fantastic. Grandma does have a gift in the kitchen!! There were nights after dinner when the hubs and I would literally sit on the couch with our feet up holding the baby while they finsihed cleaning the kitchen and putting food away. It was so nice to have a week to just soak up Cutie Pie and know that we had the help and support around us to do that.
Grandma and Grandpa also mananged to get plenty of playtime in with Cupcake. I was impressed that Grandpa climbed the highest slide at the park with Cupcake and also took her to storytime by himself. They had a great time and Cupcake still talks about taking her shoes off on the slide with Grandpa.
As I mentioned before we are so blessed to have so much love and support around us. When we watched Grandma and Grandpa pull out I seriously wondered how we'd survive! Thanks for a great week and all of your help!



1 comment:
Curious...being one that comes from a place where there isn't a winter season, how exactly do you winterize your house?
Post a Comment