Pages

2.27.2012

Train ride

Some days I have idea-exhaustion. It's not that I don't have ideas. The curse of a creative person is that ideas are always fogging your brain. But some days I just am exhausted from making ideas happen. On some of those days when I'm having idea-exhaustion we go to the mall.

Cupcake loves to people watch and walk around. She likes to step about two steps into each store, listen to the music, and do a dance that goes with it. Her favorite store is...Wet Seal. Darn you Wet Seal. I imagined my battles against you your all too skimpy clothes would start more around age 10....not age 2. We ride the big carousel. We go to the princess store and look around. The most recent visit Cupcake noticed they had discontinued a certain product. She was horrified the employee was shocked she noticed and offered her a job application. We play close attention to every detail in the princess store. We almost always go to Hallmark too. With big families there is always a birthday, anniversary, or something card worthy on the horizon. Cupcake has a knack for finding cards that have been put back in the wrong place. She pulls them off and hands them to me. I used to try to find their rightful place but if you spend 3 minutes seeking out the long lost home of the card she has, in the meantime, found 6 other lost cards. So we take our pile to the register where they too offer Cupcake a job application. On some visits to the mall we eat lunch at Chic-fil-a. Finally, on the lucky days where Mom can find a dollar somewhere in the Marry Poppins bag....I mean diaper bag she gets to do this:



She really loves driving the train....Cutie Pie loves watching her. It's a great idea on the idea-exhaustion days!

No comments: