Pages

6.16.2012

Two weeks long

By the time this post is live he'll be home and our family together again.

The Hubs has been out of the country on business for 2 SOLID WEEKS! 2 UNINTERRUPTED WEEKS.  336 HOURS. For this happily married gal that is a VERY.LONG.TIME. Now imagine how long it feels to an enamored-with-her-daddy 3 year old. Let's just say it's been crazy long.

Hubs...we can not wait to see you! I know that in two weeks you have traveled across the ocean, lived in an apartment with a man you'd never seen in person before, worked long hours, walked through a city you've never been to, navigated public transportation, a language barrier, and that strange Happy Day juice that is from an unidentifiable fruit or veggie source. I know that you have gotten very little sleep, had to work long hours, and eat lots of heavy food. I know that you miss us and think of us daily. We love the videos you send. I know that this has been an amazing experience.

Did you know....
- we are so proud of you and love that you provide for us
- Cupcake took a 2 week swim class while you were gone and is such a little fish
- Cutie Pie decided to eat beets like a champ
- I only resorted to Chic-fil-a ONE time
- Cupcake learned to write the numbers 1, 7, and 10 in perfect penmanship and the others a bit like Picasso but still loves to write
- I managed to keep everyone fed, dressed, and bathed....even if some baths were showers at the pool. Oh yes...I did bring shampoo to the rinse shower!
- we prayed for you everyday together, Cupcake is really becoming a little pray-er
- I cut 60 nails (fingers and toes) while you have been gone
- Cupcake started her summer dance class
- Our dear friend Christine got engaged
- My Mom retired and gave her first days to helping us out
- We went to a birthday party
- We ate 3 pounds of blueberries.
- I am addicted to Draw Something
- We washed my car
- We sent some cards to people we loved
- We  watched only one princess movie, one time
- We started a new bible verse
- We had lots of poop in the potty
- We didn't save it for you
- We got a package in the mail from Nana and one from Gigi
- Someone is spoiled despite our efforts
- I got a pedicure from a  3 year old prepare to see blue and pink Picasso toes
- I didn't shave my legs until I knew you were on your way home...it's good insurance for not attracting anyone in your absence and saves about 6 minutes of precious time per shower...that's over an hour in 2 weeks
- I did shave my armpits, that's just a necessity
- I managed to have the same number of loads of laundry, guess we know who doesn't change clothes 2-3 times a day
- I said one cuss word ok maybe three....all related to spilling things.
- Cupcake told her swim teacher you'd be back in a few days. The teacher asked where you went. Cupcake said to a far away land to have sweet dreams. Wonder if the teenager thinks we have drug issues?
- Our neighbor asked if we were "ok"....good to have someone with 60+ years of marriage looking out for our marriage
- I've slept with your pillows, every night
- Cutie Pie said Da-da....about 100 times

I'm sure I'm missing a few hundred things but the highlight reel is a good start, right? We can't believe you'll be home soon. It's been a long two weeks and Cupcake is soooo glad to see the end of this paper chain....


Welcome home. We've missed you!!





1 comment:

Sally said...

What a great idea to have a paper chain for a little one to count the days! I laughed at many of your entries. You did a super job "holding the fort" Love, N