Pages

9.10.2012

Hooo's having a baby?

 
Not me!
 
We are so excited to be welcoming another niece to our family later this year! The Hub's sister Robyn and her Husband Carl are expecting their first in November. So after a few days in Boston we drove up to New Hampshire for a long weekend with family that included a baby shower. It was so so much fun to collaborate with the family to throw this special party. Though I have to admit that creative wise it made me nervous! Robyn is so talented and creative that I felt like I was designing a dress for Vera Wang. Here are so pictures from the sweet Owl themed day:
 
The mantle:
 
 
The cupcakes from a local bakery, Ugga Mugga. These were the best tasting and looking cupcakes I have ever eaten. Usually they look good, taste bad...or look ok but taste great. These were top in looks and taste. I'm craving one just thinking about it.

 
The food table:

 
Sweet Mom to be trying to determine what candy bar is in this diaper:

 
The pass down blanket!! This is the same blanket that the Hubs and his siblings came home from the hospital wearing. Then when I was pregnant with Cupcake it was passed to me. Both of our girls have come home from the hospital...and now it has been passed again. It was made by The Hub's Grandma.

 
Nana-to-be with Mom-to-be...ummm does it seem completely unfair to anyone else that I have two sister-in-laws who have had babies and both of them look fabulous while pregnant while I have to look like a whale? Seriously...she doesn't even look pregnant here.

 
While the women were Ohhh-ing, Aww-ing, and Oh-so-cute-ing....the men were drinking beer and playing bocce ball. Many generations represented here and yet somethings never change.


It was such a sweet day filled with love! That evening the family (and by family I mean 30 people) had a dinner to continue the joyous gathering. Ann cooked a fabulous meal for everyone to enjoy and I'm sure between the warm words, hugs, and great food that our newest family member, even in the womb, can sense the love that surrounds her. We were so glad to be there!

No comments: