I can't even believe that my baby is 1!!! It feels like it was the fastest year of my life.
She is such a fun and happy baby...err 1 year old. She isn't walking yet and we are quite happy with that for the time being. She does pull up on anything and likes to cruise as long as her stable source lasts her. She is a peanut like her sister weighing in at just 18 pounds on her 1st birthday. She is in the 9% for weight, 50% for height, and 98% for her head circumference. Thank you Uncle Brudder for passing on your noggin massiveness.
She is a meat-aholic and is particularly fond of tuna fish. She also loves grilled cheese sandwiches, yogurt, peas, broccoli, apple sauce, pears, and pizza...especially the crust. She can also suck down a baby food pouch of just about any flavor other than sweet potatoes in two big gulps. She barely wants to come up for air. She does not like bananas, scrambled eggs, noodles, or anything else squishy. I think it's a texture issue thing more than actual taste thing but we'll see.
On her first birthday she had 6 teeth but has since gotten another one and all four of her molars are bulging sooooo we'll have a mouth full by years end, I'm sure.
She says Dada, Mama, and Hiiii. She loves to wave and say hiiii to just about anyone, even herself in the mirror. She loves to blow kisses to sister and give open mouth kisses to Mama. She loves to watch other kids. She babbles often and makes her opinions known. She loves to play with anything sister is playing with. She really loves being outside and is particularly fond of stroller or wagon rides though she has to have something in both hands...a toy, a water cup, a toy purse. Hands full or go home. She loves playing dress up even though she can't dress herself. When I put her in a costume she will talk and scream in the mirror for quite some time. She wants attention. When she gets it she then buries her head in my shoulder. She has some separation anxiety at this stage, I don't mind it. My days with a baby in my arms are numbered so I'm holding on as much as she is.
There is one thing that has been and still is true. My girls are TOTALLY IN LOVE with each other. They are so sweet to each other and I am soooo thankful for their sweet relationship. Cutie Pie blew her first kiss to sissy. She screams with joy when we pick her up from school. She follows her everywhere and wants to be just like her. The best part is, Cupcake is so encouraging and patient. There is no one that Cutie Pie loves to be with more than Cupcake. I'm sure now that we are leaving the baby days behind the play and fun will only increase and surely somewhere they will fight over a toy or something but in general they are just so sweet to each other that I feel lucky to be their Mom.
Here are a few pictures from Cutie Pie's birthday. Happy Birthday, Sweet girl. We love you soooo much!
So happy with Daddy!!
Gigi made her birthday outfit it is even hand smocked with a cake and one candle. It was perfect for the party!
We got such thoughtful gifts from Cutie Pie's friends. One was from our dear friends who made this gift for Cutie Pie. The husband made the chair and painted it, the wife added some touches to the chair and sewed the doll. It was such a sweet gift and Cutie Pie LOVES sitting in her little chair. I'll take some better pictures soon...if I can get her out of it :) I think they could go into buisness!
I guess I should add cake to the list of likes:
Here's the birthday girl with her friends: (we only took about 50 pictures to get this 1)
Gigi and Papa came and were a huge help! Cutie Pie is quite fond of her Papa so it was awesome to have him here before he left the country for a work a trip.



No comments:
Post a Comment