Pages

12.13.2012

A first peak at Christmas...

The day after Thanksgiving we started decorating for Christmas. We had planned to host the Hub's team at work for a dinner and Christmas party the first Saturday in December. Of course Cupcake was THRILLED to get the decorations out. She loves to decorate for any holiday so she could barely wait to move into the Christmas decor. We got the tree up pretty fast but I wanted to give the branches time to relax after being boxed up for a year. Cupcake has a decorators itch....much like her mama and so in the interim she went right to work making ornaments of her own. She never complained how long it was taking me to be "ready" for ornaments. She just came up with a solution herself. I was proud of her. As a side note you can see who does NOT have the decorating itch. 

Here he's sleeping under the glow of the tree to the tune of Christmas cheer...


While we mostly limit or avoid excess sugar intake around here I figured with the first snap of cold I'd introduce Cupcake to a favorite indulgence of mine, hot chocolate. Not surprisingly, she liked it. Of course for your first cup you should have the super fancy whip cream with sprinkles on top too....


I even honored her Gigi by first insisting that she close her eyes and open her mouth while then filling it with a squirt of whipped cream. We giggle, we sat by the fire, and we drank our hot coco...until roughly 9:30 when Cutie Pie woke up. Have I mentioned she's even more of a sleeper-in-er than her big sis?!

Christmas is underway around here...with more pictures to come. Just don't hold your breath for our Christmas card. They are still at the printer and at the rate we're going...well, at least we still have some time before Christmas!

No comments: