Pages

12.28.2012

Bouncing Mom

It's finally cold-ish here. So we invited our sweet neighbors to go to a bounce place with us and took off for a morning of fun. The Dads were working so it was just 2 Moms and 4 kids. The older girls are fairly self sufficient and we could have easily joined the other moms in the cafe area to enjoy over priced beverages and free wifi. But thankfully our neighbors are fun. So we bounced too.

Then...the older girls wanted us to do the BIG slide. Why not? We were already sweating and getting mean glances from the Moms who had lied to their kids saying Moms can't bounce. SOooo babies in hand we learned to climb the big old ladder. This video doesn't quite do it justice. It is at least 12 feet high. It was Cutie Pie's only shot at doing the big slide and I had to carry her the whole way (arm workout!). We spent about an hour doing it...over and over again. The kids were thrilled. AND....I'm not ashamed to say it was both a work out and pretty darn fun.

I know, I know....the iPad is tempting, it's nice to keep lipstick in tact, and Moms typically don't jump. But I dare you to try it. Your kids will think you are awesome. You will probably sweat and definitely burn some calories. You might get some mean looks from other Moms. You will have fun. You might be a little sore later. AND most importantly...one day when your teenager won't talk to you because they'd rather be texting, surfing the net, or doing whatever they'll do in 10 years you can remind them that you are a family who puts technology aside to prioritize each other!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Wow, Mom....I guess you could get sore - but what fun! and what a workout. I huffed and puffed just watching you.