Here we are at home...you know the drill: snap a color day picture, let Cutie Pie jump in for her color day pic:
Then we got to school and Cupcake got a birthday crown to wear to chapel!
Cupcake's teachers are so sweet and understanding of Cutie Pie's desire to be in school. They invited her to sit with the class for her sissy's birthday chapel:
They get to go on stage for their birthday and everyone sings to them:
And then they get to pick a prize out of the birthday bag:
For your birthday week at school, you get to provide a treat for snack time. The standard is cupcakes, donuts, cookies....but when I asked cupcake what she would like she was specific: "How about something healthier. Could we do an apple cinnamon muffin? But could you make it pretty?"
How do you say no to that? I was so proud that my girl actually WANTED a healthier treat. Additionally, one of her teachers is gluten free and doesn't get to enjoy the birthday treats so I took it a step further and made Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins....with a touch of pretty on top. My Cupcake was thrilled, I was proud of her choices....a win/win kind of day.
As they sing at school, "God's blessings to you," birthday girl!



1 comment:
You are the best Mama at cooking yummy healthy snacks. Didn't Cupcake love her special day at school?! Her teachers seems to know how to make a child's birthday an awesome memory.
Post a Comment