Pages

9.06.2013

Life in New England

We spent the end of our summer in New England. We have family in New Hampshire and the hubs has an office in Boston. So for more than a month we "lived" on the East Coast. The experience will be hard to properly re-cap in writing but I'll give it my best shot. If I'm honest, I feel as though I left part of my heart in Boston. It's a great city rich with history, beauty, and family friendly activities. We all enjoyed it so much that the vacation hang over has been long and brutal. We've been home nearly two weeks and when we get in the car a little voice in the back seat often says "I wish we were on the subway." When we go in the backyard someone says "I wish we had Boston grass." When we go for a walk on our street "We miss the playground at our Boston house." and of course "WHYYYY IS IT SOOOOO HOT, MOM?"

We'll adjust eventually but for now we're still longing for what we've left behind. Here's a few glimpses of our trip and I'll post more as I blog out some of our favorite memories:

Ahhh Boston, beautiful Boston:

City life means free grocery delivery. A mother's dream:


High in the 60s....my Texas babies were "cold"


Our sweet landlady was so loving to the girls. Here she set up a sprinkler in her "soft" grass for the girls to play...she played too. Fun times!


City Feed Lot!!! Walk distance from our home. Groceries, sandwiches, coffee. With this moto: Buy Fresh, Buy Local. Now can you understand why a piece of my heart is there? LOVED this!


Here is the home we "lived" in. Our landlady occupies the bottom floor and we lived up top. It was a charming house built in 1925. 


Public transit was GREAT for us 99.9% of the time. But there was that one time when we had to get more than a months worth of luggage from the home we rented to the hotel for our last night in Boston....


Cupcake LOVED the night view of the "sparkly" city. Both the girls could be city girls.....


These two bonded in new and sweet ways when for more than a month they were each other's only friend. 


No comments: