Pages

1.14.2010

10 months - total denial

Chloe's 10 month birthday hit the start of this week and to say I am in total denial is an understatement. Until now I felt like she was still my little baby and that she had still been in my womb longer than she had been out in the world. However, I feel this month like a kangaroo who's baby has left the pouch. She is now older outside the world than she ever was in my belly. I recognize all of this may sound bizarre but it was my little way of holding on to "baby" as long as I could. However, Chloe's 10 months and growing up way too fast!!

In the past month she has been eating more finger foods on her own including peas and black beans (a favorite for her not a favorite for the diaper changers!), crawling faster, pulling up more, trying to walk (but hasn't yet), started dancing, had her first swim class, loves to turn pages on books, likes to give her baby doll kisses, loves hide and seek, laughs when we laugh as she is socially aware of more interactions, loves to wave hello and goodbye, said what we'll count as her first word that she connects meaning with: "doggie" (sorry Chris, a dog just HAS to be in our future, she LOVES them), got her two top teeth in for a total of 4 teeth, likes to ride in her wagon, clicks her tongue, pooped in the tub, loves to knock over blocks and roll the ball, and on her 10 month day exactly she started clapping her hands...and now LOVES any chance to clap.

And....she's still a peanut. I weighed her with clothes on just to have some idea of how we were...err weren't progressing. She's still 16 pounds. I promise, she eats....she just plays lots too!

Here's her months pictures:















And, if you'd like to see the whole progression, check here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3157540&l=53532ff822&id=710737489

1 comment:

blue team said...

she is so beautiful!!! her smile lights up her face :)

...so...Sierra weighs 15 lbs right now...at 3 and 1/2 months!! she and chole weigh pretty much the same! yikes!

we need to get together again SOON!