I haven't been the best blogger lately. But, we've been cleaning, purging, goodwill giving, packing, PODing, househunting, housebuying, houseclosing, staging, on-the-market, and so on...
We're moving.
So blogging has been on the back burner, a bit.
But for memories sake here's a look at how we took the bachelor pad and made it our home....















Farewell P-rock. I'll always love you.
He bought you before he knew me, before he thought of me.
Others lived here, had fun here, and kept him company before he had me.
While we were dating you were an occasional location for a Friday night date.
I burned some popcorn in your kitchen. I never thought you'd loose that smell.
One night he proposed to me on your back porch.
Later he carried me over your door step as his Mrs.
Admittedly I wouldn't take my shoes off in the grossness.
But we scrubbed, cleaned, and re-did you.
Then you were beautiful!
Pretty enough to bring a baby home to.
We traveled far and near but always loved coming home to you.
We grew food in your gardens. We killed some food too.
We roasted marshmellows and grilled out on your porch.
We hosted parties here, hosted family here, and even had Thanksgiving here.
We were Thankful for you.
Then we did bring that baby home to you.
You've been good to her, even when she dings your walls with her toys.
We've laughed, loved, cried, lost, celebrated, and even had a fight or two under your roof.
Our cupcake rolled over, sat up, crawled, and took her first steps here.
We put scripture on the cement in each room under the carpet to claim you as the Lord's.
You were a beautiful blessing that we could only thank Him for.
Next Monday I'll wake up here for the last time.
Tuesday I'll open my eyes in a new home, on my 30th birthday.
It's the end of a chapter, a decade, a home...all at once.
If your walls could talk, they'd share some of my favorite memories.
I'll never forget you P-rock. Thank you for being our home. Our first home.
The home where our story began...

We're moving.
So blogging has been on the back burner, a bit.
But for memories sake here's a look at how we took the bachelor pad and made it our home....










Farewell P-rock. I'll always love you.
He bought you before he knew me, before he thought of me.
Others lived here, had fun here, and kept him company before he had me.
While we were dating you were an occasional location for a Friday night date.
I burned some popcorn in your kitchen. I never thought you'd loose that smell.
One night he proposed to me on your back porch.
Later he carried me over your door step as his Mrs.
Admittedly I wouldn't take my shoes off in the grossness.
But we scrubbed, cleaned, and re-did you.
Then you were beautiful!
Pretty enough to bring a baby home to.
We traveled far and near but always loved coming home to you.
We grew food in your gardens. We killed some food too.
We roasted marshmellows and grilled out on your porch.
We hosted parties here, hosted family here, and even had Thanksgiving here.
We were Thankful for you.
Then we did bring that baby home to you.
You've been good to her, even when she dings your walls with her toys.
We've laughed, loved, cried, lost, celebrated, and even had a fight or two under your roof.
Our cupcake rolled over, sat up, crawled, and took her first steps here.
We put scripture on the cement in each room under the carpet to claim you as the Lord's.
You were a beautiful blessing that we could only thank Him for.
Next Monday I'll wake up here for the last time.
Tuesday I'll open my eyes in a new home, on my 30th birthday.
It's the end of a chapter, a decade, a home...all at once.
If your walls could talk, they'd share some of my favorite memories.
I'll never forget you P-rock. Thank you for being our home. Our first home.
The home where our story began...




5 comments:
Such memories! Great pictures- you have done WONDERS to that bachelor pad :)
So sweet and so many fond memories of that house for us also! I will never ever forget the bachelor pad and you doing that hilarious dance the night before your wedding in the living room! Here's to P-Rock and then future memorable moments in the new home!
You did a beautiful job! Very talented!
omg-i have tears in my eyes after reading this... so exciting to have such beautiful memories here and new ones to make in your new home! love that you documented it so perfectly!! love u! ang.
very impressive before & after pics!
Post a Comment