Out with Elmo, in with Princess. Our cupcake loves playing princess which means the Hubs gets to be a prince. They dance, she sings, and it's darling. Here's one of our "outfits" for princess pretending:
Uncle Brudder went to Africa last year to dig a well for fresh water. He made me proud and in the midst of a mission trip and manual labor still managed to do a little shopping! He brought home this DARLING dress for Cupcake. You can't see or appreciate the details from this picture but we've been anxiously awaiting it to fit. It does....right in time for Fall....and cupcake loves it. "Thanks Brudder" she's saying.....
Tonight I put one last meal in the freezer. I literally had to hold it in with one hand and slam with the other. Did I mention we have 2 freezers. Both are in the same state of affairs (note to self: I should put a post-it note warning on the freezer doors in case someone opens them to an avalanche!). We are as ready in the frozen meal department as we can be for bambina 2 to make her debut. A majority of the things we have made have been with the fresh, local, ingredients we've come to love that may not be as easy to gather in the early weeks of new baby. However....there's always room for a few treats, right? Cupcake and I have made several batches of Zucchini chocolate chip cookies. With Zucchini, cinnamon, and applesauce as the leading ingredients they are even healthy enough for my gestational diabetes meal plans. I'll let you be the judge...are they a hit?
At 36 weeks pregnant I had the joy of hosting, at my home, a shower for a sweet friend who is expecting a baby girl in December. I love the anticipation, the oohhs and ahhhs, the pink, and of course the food that comes with baby showers. So in all my 36 week glory we showered Baby G with love. I can't wait to meet her. Sneak a peek at my own baby bump here too:
I'll try to get another post up of the finished projects...the dresser for cupcake's room, a fun pintrest (know what I'm talking about) worthy lamp project, our new patio, and more. If I don't get to it...it'll be because we're holding our new little cutie pie. It really could be any day now....



1 comment:
yeah!!!! can't wait to hear the good news that she is here!!! and what her precious name is going to be! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment