Pages

12.22.2012

Her own little tree

Have you heard of "Truth in the Tinsel?" You can buy the e-book here. It has been an AWESOME Christmas activity that will surely become a Crack Team tradition. Basically we made an ornament for each day leading up to Christmas and read a scripture from the Christmas story. The ornaments were things like a crown, Mary, Joseph, Bethlehem, Gabriel, sheep, etc. We put the ornament clue in our advent calendar so each day when Cupcake opened her little door she'd see the clue. She has REALLY enjoyed it. 

Of course with all these extra ornaments we had to find a home for them. So, we allowed Cupcake to have her own small tree that has become more and more beautiful each day!


Here she is painting the crown because a King was born!


I'm not going to even pretend that I didn't enjoy a daily crafting opportunity. It rocked! 


After a handful of days, Cutie Pie was DONE watching. She wanted in on the fun. She did a great job making her bright star. 


Here you can see a page from the book...their ornament does NOT have googly eyes. Cupcake insisted that a husband would want to see his wife, Mary. So on went the googly eyes. I rather like her addition!


We didn't manage to keep up with EVERY day but we made sure to hit as many as we could. It has been incredible to see how Cupcake soaks in the details we are learning. When someone mentions the angel that appears to Mary, Cupcake is quick to tell you His name. She also can recognize other symbols now beyond just Baby Jesus. It was a really fun way to count down to Christmas. So our 1st Annual Truth in the Tinsel is almost done which means Christmas is COMING!!!!

1 comment:

Shannon Boyer said...

How neat! I've not seen this one where they get to make the ornaments- I'll put this on our list next year. I've seen the one where you make the ornaments and exchange at a fun mommy party.