Valentine's Day this year was just 1 day after Chris got home from a stressful week in C.A. for business. I told him not to make a big deal out of the 14th. He did offer to get up with our Cupcake so I could sleep in. I don't have to tell any of the new mothers out there that this in itself was a gift. About two hours after she woke up Chris and Cupcake come into our room with breakfast on a tray...breakfast in bed! Chris made yummy pancakes with strawberries that he cut into hearts (someone sweet and tiny ate the extras while Dada was busy!). I also got sunny side up eggs and Cranberry juice. YUM!
Later after we all cuddled in bed for while I came downstairs to a beautiful bouquet of a dozen roses. Our cupcake was just as excited about the flowers as me. She smelled each individual one and made different faces in response. We were rolling with laughter as she stopped to smell each one.
As the rose smelling was ending my cell phone started ringing to the tune of one of the songs Chris and I consider "our song." I used to have this on my old phone so that I would know when it was Chris calling. One day it stopped working. We kept trying to fix it with no luck. We just got new phones and Chris had been trying to get it on the new phone too....no luck. But, he apparently figured it out and surprised me. It was the most thoughtful and perfect gift....
it's the little things in life.



3 comments:
She is so. stinkin'. CUTE! And what a sweetheart Chris is - sounds like the perfect Valentines Day
Oh my gosh...love it girl. Look at her.
so glad you had a great day friend.
xoxo's
Loved the valentine story! Aunt Kari
Post a Comment