Pages

11.03.2010

World Series 2010

It's not what you know. It's who you know.

Thank goodness because I don't know a lot of the "whats" but I do seem to be connected to an incredible community of people. In this case the credit belongs to my Mom who had an awesome college roomate back in 19(BEEP) who she has kept in touch with for all of these years. Said college roommate married an awesome guy at the first wedding my mind recollects attending. Maybe I remember because I was old enough. Maybe because I danced with him and it was probably the first man I'd danced with other than my Daddy. Maybe because it was so fun! But anyway, said man, now husband of mom's college roommate just happens to be a professional umpire. Said umpire just happened to be calling this year's World Series. Said umpire was super generous in extending his inside connection to us.

Wah-lah: World Series 2010

The Rangers were playing the San Fransisco Giants and we were able to attend game 3 which happens to be the only game that the Rangers won. I also find it ironic that I've spent most of my childhood years watching baseball. Every time Gary, the umpire we're most fond of, came to Houston, we'd go to the games. We'd also go lots of other times too. I've been at lots of different ball parks and yet never to a World Series before now. Cupcake on the other hand, at a whopping 19 months attended her FIRST professional baseball game and World Series simultaneously. Lucky girl!

We had so much fun at the game!



Gigi and Papa attended too. When Ranger's player Colby Lewis took the field the fans would yell "Colby, Colby, Colby." Gigi told cupcake they were saying her nap. It sounds similar in a crowd of 59,000. Needless to say she was thrilled!


She also loved waving her towel and singing all the Texas pride songs. The stars at night, are big and bright.....

The hubs regularly takes obnoxious close-ups. I typically delete. He liked this one. So this is for you, honey.


The stadium was beautiful and our seats allowed a great view of the field.


Here's Gary, working hard:



Here's a clip from the stadium:



No comments: