Pages

6.18.2011

Show week!

Last week was Cupcake's Show Week at The Little Gym to wrap up her Spring Semester. Each semester I'm amazed at how much more there is to "show." My little active, agile, angel just keeps trying new things!

A few months ago she started doing this on her own! A fowards roll:

She also LOVES the parachute time and now the Moms just stand to the side and they go around with their own handles. I still remember when I'd be holding cupcake in one hand and the chute in the other and the purpose was just for them to see bright colors!


I still think her top favorite is the bar or rings. She loves hanging, swinging, and trying to flip through the air. She can lift her feet from the ground without swinging them up...just lifting with stomach muscles while holding the bar and put them between her hands in an upside down pike position. Think it sounds easy? You should go to a park and try it. Also if you are above the age of 25, you should take someone with you just in case. It's actually VERY challenging. She just makes it look easy!


She also likes the free play with bouncy balls and then the bubbles after that:


But really it's all even better and more special because her sweet friend Josh-ie has been in her classes with her. Every week she runs to hug him when he is there. We sit with him in the circle at warm up, we run to the explore time with him, we even take a break on the stairs with him! And all of this is encouraged by other Moms who oooohhh and ahhhh over their sweet friendship each week. We love having friends in our class:


Finally - my modest girl gets her reward. Yay!!!!


It's crazy to me how many of the Moms look forward to the day when we'll sit in chairs on the outside and watch from the viewing window. I'm sure they will attentively watch and not use their i-phones to text and check facebook. I'm sure they are looking forward to this because they want their children to have confidence and not because they want a break. Ha! Of course I understand that one day cupcake will need to be in the class without me by her side. Of course I too value confidence and understand that some of that must be built by being seperate from me. BUT....black sheep or not, let the chronicle...chronicle that it will be a SAD transition for this Mom. It is just plain FUN to be in there and hear what she says about each challenge, watch her fearfully try something new and accomplish it, and most of all I love that she turns to ME for encouragement, a hug, a high five, or just to make sure I'm having fun too. Soon enough she'll be in there with her friends and the teacher and if I'm lucky she glance over to the observation window a couple of times and send me a smile. I'll be there....watching attentively, not on my i-phone, and still soaking up the wonder of my sweet cupcake. I love you!

No comments: