Pages

4.18.2012

First bites

I can't believe we are here....the first bites post. My freezer was almost cleared of the meals I spent last summer making when I began my baby food making. However, I somehow felt like it was still a long way off.

Cutie pie was R.E.A.D.Y.!!! In the week leading up to us caving on her getting real food she attempted to lick a pickle I was holding for Cupcake. Then she grabbed a pretzel off my plate one day at lunch and put it right to her mouth as if she was going to bite it. Then she's taken to pretend chewing while we ate. Soooo...it was time. She's been having the occasional breast milk slushie to get used to the spoon but her first real bite of food came on Saturday April 7th...just a few days before her 6th month birthday. Here's some visual recaps:

Pears puree was her first food:


She wasn't too sure about it...but kept opening her mouth for more!

Cupcake is such a big helper. She always wants to be the one to feed the baby. Cutie Pie was a great sport at the spoon shoving that took place in her first food experience. When it comes to her big sister she's fairly flexible...she loves her so.


A video of the first bite:



And of my big helper!

No comments: