My oldest dearest friend of 22 years came for a visit with her two beautiful children. It's been a very long time since we've gotten to see each other and hang out. But....with your oldest dearest friend the time between doesn't matter. You just pick back up...where you left off. We've been friends since 4th grade. We don't need to do the math but lets just note that there is history there. We were also college roommates...so for a time in my life I knew what this gal wore every day, ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, when she brushed her teeth, and so on. Today it was much different than those days....we were chasing kids, feeding babies, doing laundry (both of us), going on a nature hike, blowing bubbles, cutting apples, eating lunch and all the while talking as if we keep in perfect touch. I think it's good for the heart to have friends like those. I think it's good for Cupcake to see Mommy have friends like those. She got a pretty sweet deal too though because she LOVED playing with B-man. It was a lovely day and I am so blessed to have such a special friend in my life. I love you! Thanks for coming to see us.
Oh...and pictures? Yes...Mom of the year did not get any before Cutie Pie went down for her nap. Eep. Here's one of her precious girl who is just a few weeks younger than Cutie Pie. Aren't her eyes stunning? And she loves to smile...just not when I was pointing a big ole camera in her face.
Those were a few of 40 or so pictures. Here's the best of the lot:
And a group shot for good measure!
We are so thankful for sweet friends!



1 comment:
Post a Comment