Pages

11.01.2010

Trick or Treat...


I'm blogging out of order. Sigh. I try to stay in order but this weekend life came at us fast. So stick with me this week as I play catch up. In backwards order.

We rushed into town last night in order to be back for HALLOWEEN! Our small group was coming with hot chocolate, carnival games, and their kiddos. We set up in the driveway and mingled there for awhile as our friends gathered. I really do love kids in costumes. Cupcake was definitely in the Halloween spirit in her costume and posed for several pictures...kind of.


Then we went trick or treating. I was so impressed at our little peacock. Her outfit was large but she'd waddle down the driveways with a pumpkin bucket almost as big as her and stand at the door with the older kids. She wasn't super reliable on the trick or treat part but always said thank you with enthusiasm which on more than one occasion resulted in a laugh and more candy. Just what we need. At several houses, the home owner would grab a handful of candy and extend it towards Cupcake. She would politely just take one. I thought it was precious and they usually dropped the rest in anyway. Just what we need, again. Finally we hit two homes of neighbors that are retired and specifically wanted to see Cupcake. Of course they made a huge deal of her and gave her LOTS of candy. You called it....just what we need.

Needless to say her pumpkin is very full with more candy than she (and her secret candy fairies that visit every night) need. So we'll have to figure out some way to get rid of the excess. Maybe we'll start handing out candy to everyone who comes to the door until it's gone. Does that mean you are on your way over....or avoiding us?

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Love the costume! and her little peacock legs ;) cute!